Easy Focaccia Bread Recipe
This recipe makes a great appetizer, goes great with salad or soup. I like short cuts and saving money whenever possible. I just don’t want to take the time and energy to make fresh dough and wait for it to rise, etc. Sweet and simple is what I am after and this recipe is delicious, a time saver, and economical. Yum.
- Refrigerated dough (Pillsbury seamless dough, pizza dough, whatever dough that is on sale)
- Basil, oregano, garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Heat oven according to dough directions. Place dough on parchment lined baking sheet for ease. I usually stretch and roll the dough out thin. Pierce the dough all over with a fork.
- Lightly brush on olive oil using a pastry brush. Next, sprinkle spices generously all over bread. Place in the oven. Cook for half of what the package calls for. You are wanting the top to crisp up a little, but don’t want the bottom too done at this point. Remove from oven.
- Place slices of tomato and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and place back in the oven. Cook the remainder of the time or until the cheese is melty and dough is done.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and let sit a few minutes before cutting.